Why a Pop-Up Restaurant is a Perfect Idea to Test a New Concept?:7 Reasons
The food industry is constantly changing and has come a long way. New concepts come along every year, and take the industry by storm. One such concept is that of the pop-up restaurant.
A pop-up restaurant is a temporary restaurant that can be set up in various places from existing restaurants, to bars, bowling alleys, theatres, etc. It also gives one a flexible form as it can either be for one night or even for a few months at a local market.
That’s not all, countless well-established restaurants are also turning to the pop-up trend, given its benefit to building partnerships with the community, creating buzz and awareness as well as collect feedback before they invest in a full-fledged restaurant.
In fact, pop-up restaurants are a huge trend abroad- but are fast catching on in India with major cities like Mumbai and Pune following on.
But are pop-up restaurants for everybody? No!
Pop-up restaurant space is your best option if
- You’re looking for a low-cost option to test out a new restaurant concept and menu.
- You’re a new owner that doesn’t have the funds to open a restaurant at the moment.
Pop-Up Restaurant- A Culinary Revolution
According to Chef Kunal Kapur, a well-known celebrity chef, restauranteur and media personality in the television show- Masterchef, pop-up restaurants will bring about a culinary revolution in India. He also says it is the best way to get hold of diners that seek exceptional experiences.
All the More Reasons to Open a Pop-Up Restaurant
Fun and innovative are the two words that perfectly describe a pop-up restaurant. Pop-up restaurants offer extensive benefits that normal restaurants don’t. They are:
- A pop-up restaurant is great for funding. When investors like the concept and observe that your restaurant is running well and a hit with the people, there’s not much convincing left to do!
- A pop-up restaurant does not require immense commitment or investment as setting up a completely new restaurant. You don’t have to go to extreme measures to make your dream vision a reality!
- It’s an amazing way to increase reputation. When you offer something innovative, word spreads fairly quickly. So, whether you’re new to the city or new to the industry, a restaurant helps you build a lasting reputation, as it gives you the ability to open a complete restaurant in the future and you don’t have to work too hard to market it to the public.
- If you’re a professional chef that wants to experiment with new concepts and are looking to learn the art of perfecting, then a pop restaurant is the best bet.
- If you’re in a dilemma on whether you want to expand your food business to a completely different location, a restaurant is the ultimate way to put it to the test first. This way, you can easily determine if the location planned is the appropriate choice to reach your target market/customers. In simpler words, there is less risk, and more knowledge to gain!
- It’s also a great option to test out different pricing strategies to identify which one works best for your profit as well as your customer’s satisfaction.
- Last but not least, a pop-up restaurant is extremely feasible. With advantages like the need for fewer ingredients, lesser equipment, and short-term rental. Hereby, an affordable option when compared to a full-scale restaurant.
Your Turn to Decide
A pop-up restaurant space can be super fun, allow you to pull on your creative strings, and be easy to manage with limited high-quality equipment
Thinking of opening a pop restaurant? We would love to know what your concept would be! Share your thoughts in the comment box below.
Moiz June 7, 2021